“She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes.”
~
Frank Deford

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pasadena Heritage Craftsman Weekend

For the past 10 years or so, I've been a volunteer at the Pasadena Heritage Craftsman Weekend. It's a full 3 days with tours and lectures and a vendor show; I usually volunteer as a docent at the Sunday Home tour. The event was this past weekend and this year I also worked at the Friday home tour in West Adams, a section of Los Angeles near USC, where there is the start of a renovation movement of the craftsman homes. Most of the photos in this post are from the house in West Adams where I was a docent: there was a lot of down time between tour groups, so I spent that time taking photos. If you like old houses that people have invested a lot of love, time and work into, you should check out the home tour next year. In the meantime, enjoy these photos.









No comments:

Post a Comment