“She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes.”
~
Frank Deford

Sunday, June 3, 2012

PCC Flea Market

I went out to the Pasadena City College Flea Market today.  Besides being a really nice market (big, but not *too* big - and free!), it gives me a chance to visit my friend Jan Verdries, who sells original prints from illustrators during the "Golden Age" of Illustration (1890s - 1940s).  I usually end up buying a few each time I see him... I'm definitely running out of wall space!

Today's photos are some scenes from the flea market; things you might not notice unless you slow down and look around.  I hope you enjoy them.











1 comment:

  1. Yes, we have one of your prints!!
    Did you know that I actually have a 44-year-old bottle of Chanel #5 that someone gave me for my Bas Mitzvah...still mostly unused!

    ReplyDelete