“She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes.”
~
Frank Deford

Friday, September 19, 2014

Lily Lake, RMNP

Miss me?  Sorry it's taken me a couple of weeks to post again.  I was finishing up a calligraphy class at UCLA Extension and spent a lot of time on my final project.

Here are some photos from a hike I did around Lily Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park.  RMNP is the only national park I've been to where there are visitor centers located outside of the park boundary, meaning that you can visit them without actually paying the fee to enter the park.  Also, there are several areas of the park that you can do the same, such as Lily Lake (technically, you're supposed to have your receipt, but there really wasn't any rangers around to ask for it).  It's right off the road on Highway 7 just south of Estes Park and it is amazingly beautiful.  I was there very early in the day at the beginning of my drive on the Peak to Peak Highway down to Golden (more on that another day), so there were only a few people hiking.  There are two trails - I did the ridge trail first and was rewarded by a beautiful rainbow over the lake!  Ok, it rained a bit, too, but no rainbow without rain, right?  Totally worth it :)  Afterwards, I hiked around the edge of the lake for views of flora and fauna.

I hope you enjoy these!












1 comment: