“She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes.”
~
Frank Deford

Friday, July 4, 2014

4th of July

Sorry for being AWOL; I know it's been awhile.  Just needed a little break from posting.

I love the 4th of July - I'm very proud of my country and being an American.  I put up flags and listen to some patriotic music and view some fireworks in the evening if I can.  I also invite people over for a BBQ - today was beef & pastrami sliders and lamb burgers - yum!

Here are a few photos from today - hope your day was fun, too :)







2 comments:

  1. I can understand that American Jews feel grateful to America as a safe haven...but why proud?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, politics on a photo blog... just because a person may disagree with the current administration's policies, it doesn't negate the essential goodness of that country or the valor it has shown in the past. You love your country, but you don't always like what the government does, do you?

    ReplyDelete