“She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes.”
~
Frank Deford

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Layover in Paris

Hello again.  I've been away on vacation - two weeks in Israel!  I had an excellent time visiting my sister and her (very) extended family and doing a lot of walking and sight-seeing.  I took many, many photographs, so I think I'll divide them up and spread the highlights across several posts.

On the way to Israel, I had a 12 hour layover in Paris, so I took the train from the airport into town and spent 6 hours walking the streets.  I've never been to Paris before, so it was very exciting for me to view many of the landmarks that I'd only seen in photographs.  Next time I go, I'll hopefully have more time to spend inside the many museums and historical sites I saw.

Here are some impressions from my Parisian walk.  Enjoy.



















1 comment:

  1. How did you see so much in just 6 hours?
    It's nice to see Paris in the sunshine....when we were there it was snowing!!!!

    ReplyDelete