“She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes.”
~
Frank Deford

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Vacation in south Florida

I was on holiday break from work last week and went on vacation to south Florida.  I stayed in a resort in Weston, which is about 15 miles west of Fort Lauderdale, but traveled all over the area (I put hundreds of miles on my rental car!).  Below is a large sampling of photos from my adventure; I may add a few more in my next posting.  Enjoy.

Everglades NP - Sawgrass plain

Dry Tortugas NP - on top of Fort Jefferson

Flamingo Gardens





Miami Beach



On the Overseas Highway to Key West





Only privately owned Key.















Cruise ship at Key West.


Everglades NP - baby crocodile.










Big Cypress National Preserve - alligators!



Nosson

Garden at Vizcaya









4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Chava! Looks like a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overwhelming!! Gorgeous photos!
    Looks like you had great weather, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures! looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pictures! looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete