“She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes.”
~
Frank Deford

Monday, October 22, 2012

Pasadena Heritage Craftsman weekend

How quickly the year goes by!  Every fall I volunteer at Pasadena Heritage's Craftsman weekend Home tour.  I'm a big fan of the Arts & Crafts movement that occurred around the turn of the previous century.  Bungalows, mission furniture, quarter-sawn oak, Tudor and Spanish revival architecture, hand crafted furnishings.  At the Home Tour, they have 5 homes that have been renovated, returning them to their former gleaming glory.  I spent a few hours in the living room of one home, giving over a little history and information on the house and it's details.  People really enjoy it; they sell close to a thousand  tickets to the tour!

I usually work the second of 3 shifts, so I can go on the tour myself beforehand.  Here are some photos of houses and details.  Enjoy.











1 comment:

  1. Lovely houses...and looks also like a beautiful fall day. The weather this past Shabbos was similar here...warmish with puffy white clouds in a blue sky.

    ReplyDelete