“She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes.”
~
Frank Deford

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Walking on Melrose

I needed to have some work done on my car (A/C is required in this hot weather!), so I took a day off last week and took it to the mechanic.  The shop is only a mile and a half from my house, so I decided to walk home.  My route was down Melrose Ave - but not the trendy section that everyone knows about.  East of La Brea, Melrose is a much more quiet place, less flashy.  Here are some views from the walk home.






















2 comments:

  1. I think the most intriguing are the nails (what were they attached to?) and the window with the dolls (is it a storefront?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nails spelled out the name of the store (that part was a swoopy S. The dolls were in the window of a thrift/antique store.
      When we were young, Melrose was full of thrift stores and tailor shops - much less upscale than now.

      Delete