“She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes.”
~
Frank Deford

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Beauty and rainbows

Last week I went to the Huntington Library to see an exhibit of furniture and decorations by Sam Maloof, a master woodworker. He lived in an enclave of painters, potters, and other artisans. Here are a couple of impressions:



Roses in their garden:


I got home and this was parked across the street from me:


It's been raining off and on for the past week. On Friday, there was the most unusual rainbow low on the horizon, right up against the Hollywood Hills:


And today, there was another rainbow, nestled amongst the palm trees:
Fall is a great time in SoCal. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if all native SoCalers love fall...I think Israelis do too...just yesterday I was enjoying the brisk fresh air after our long hot summer....

    ReplyDelete