“She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes.”
~
Frank Deford

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Well, I thought it was winter...

...but today was 85 F. By Wednesday though, it's supposed to be down to 65 F again, so winter should be back on track.

When it's so warm and sunny here, it's hard to imagine that in other parts of the country, they are having blizzards! Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois had 2 feet of snow yesterday.

I don't know where the year is going - Chanuka is over and December is half gone. This week's photos are a combination of impressions - leaves changing color, foggy mornings, bright lights at night, artwork where you least expect it. And a few twinkling menorah lights to start it off. I hope you enjoy them!






2 comments:

  1. Whose menora is it? And is that the old city of Jerusalem in the background?

    I remember the SoCal fogs...much less common here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you guys sent this menorah to us from Israel for an occasion. Actually I light 2 menorahs - one in an inner doorway per Chabad custom and one in the window to publicize the mitzvah. Extra light!

    ReplyDelete